Arts Visalia is excited to announce a call for proposals for creative designs on Twenty Four fire hydrants. Designs will be painted on hydrants in Downtown Visalia on Main Street between Hall and Santa Fe Street.
A cash prize of $175 will be awarded to the selected artists for each design accepted (up to 3). The Artist must be available to paint the fire hydrant between Wednesday October 6th and Sunday October 17th from 8:00 a.m.- 8:00 p.m. Painting will lead into Taste the Arts Festival. A plaque acknowledging the artists name and title of art work along with Sponsor information will be placed next to each fire hydrant.
The Fire Hydrant project is expected to remain on display from October 17, 2021 through October 2025. Arts Visalia does not guarantee that the artwork will remain displayed, as it could be repaired or replaced if defaced.
The selection panel will make their decision solely from your entry submission and will be judged based on quality of design, colors used and eye appeal.
- The artwork must be fun exciting and colorful, imagination and creativity strongly encouraged.
- Artists can submit up to three designs. If all are selected, all three must be painted between October 6th and 17th, if a design is accepted and the artist cannot get the hydrant completed, we may seek out another artist to paint the hydrant. We will award $25 for the design and $150 to the artist painting the hydrant.
- Design must use the entire fire hydrant (i.e. front, back and sides) without obstructing the use of the fire hydrant, only paint where the hydrant has paint.
- Paint is the only medium allowed.
- Artists will provide their own paint and brushes and any other materials they need to complete the project.
- Artist will Spray a clear coat on each hydrant once they dry (we will supply this).
- Any artwork deemed inappropriate will not be accepted by the panel.
Please note selected artists may be assigned a different fire hydrant than the template that they submitted. Artist must agree to adjust their design in order to receive prize.
Submission Requirements and Deadline:
Please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Sketch of work in pdf or jpeg
- Title of Artwork
- Name of Artist
Your submission(s) will be reviewed by the panel, who will make the final decision on which designs are accepted.
DEADLINE to submit is September 25th, 5pm.