Our goal is to provide a venue for the exhibit and sale of handcrafted, artistic, and functional works of art during the holiday months. We are looking for gift items such as jewelry, handwoven or hand-dyed fiber items, ceramics, distinctive stationery, hand-illustrated books, sculptures, hand-painted decorative or functional pieces, glass art objects, paintings, lithographs, photographs, handcrafted toys, and more. We encourage holiday themed items. Our Annual Holiday Show & Sale is open during gallery hours Wednesdays through Saturdays, Noon to 5:30 pm.
The Holiday Show & Sale will take place Nov. 20th through Dec. 23rd, 2021. If accepted, artists are expected to drop off items at the gallery during gallery hours on Wednesday Nov. 17th, 2021 unless otherwise arranged.
When reviewing work, the Committee jurors will be using the following criteria:
- Technical Skill: craftsmanship, mastery of medium, attention to detail, and finish.
- Originality/Creativity: distinctive style and/or creative process, uniqueness, and aesthetics.
- Other Considerations: Work that is new to Arts Visalia and not shown in Visalia for at least three months; connection to the local area; creating a wide array of gift items for the Annual Holiday Show & Sale.
Artists will be contacted if work has been accepted. Arts Visalia retains the final decision regarding acceptance of artwork. The Gallery Curator will determine the display and installation of the artwork. Arts Visalia strives to balance quality, artistry, uniqueness, and price in our selection of handmade works of art created primarily by local and regional artists.
ARTIST’S SUBMISSION REQUIRED GUIDELINES (DEADLINE OCTOBER 8th, 2021):
- Images (jpeg or pdf) representative of work to be included in the Holiday Show & Sale .
- Pricing of items you plan to include. (Please be aware that Arts Visalia takes 25% commission.)
- Bio/artist statement (optional but suggested)
- Emailed (PREFERRED) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 8th, 2021 Deadline.
- Physical applications can be mailed to P.O. Box 251, Visalia, CA, 93279 and must be received by October 8th, 2021
- Include images on a thumb drive or CD/DVD for consideration by the Exhibition and Gift Shop Committee. Any materials submitted, including thumb drives, will not be returned to the artist.
- Applications may be dropped off at the gallery, but will not be reviewed or discussed with the artist at that time.
- Arts Visalia will notify artist on the status of their application no later than Oct. 22nd.