Arts Visalia Visual Art Center and The Source LGBT+ Center are looking for artwork to be included in Arts Visalia’s upcoming October Juried Exhibition, VISALIA PRIDE. The Source LGBT+ Center’s PRIDE Visalia is a celebration of diversity, inclusion, and acceptance, for everyone in the community. We want to see the love that you feel for the city of Visalia and Tulare and Kings Counties. The exhibition will take place at Arts Visalia Sept. 29th through October 29th, 2021. All applications with work created to reflect diversity, acceptance, and inclusion will be considered. No professional art experience required.
- Arts Visalia is a nonprofit community art center located in downtown Visalia, California. Our gallery features diverse monthly exhibitions of regionally, nationally and internationally recognized artists. Visalia has 137,000 residents, and is located in the heart of California’s San Joaquin Valley. Open and free to the public, Arts Visalia seeks to develop and promote the visual arts to enhance the quality of life in our community.
- Located in Downtown Visalia, The Source LGBT+ Center’s mission is to provide spaces within our communities for the LGBT+ population to Learn, Grow, Belong, Transform, Question + Support. Our vision is to cultivate new resources through advocacy, partnerships and fundraising to unite and advance the LGBT+ community in Tulare & Kings Counties.
Deadline for Entry Submissions: All completed forms and artwork images are due to Arts Visalia by Sept. 3rd, 2021 to be considered for the October VISALIA PRIDE Juried Community Exhibition.
There is a $15.00 non-refundable application fee for the first entry or $20.00 non-refundable for up to 3 entries per person. Not all entries may be displayed. Entries without payment will not be considered. Arts Visalia exhibits all media except video and performance.
Awards: Best of Show award juried by a panel, People’s Choice award is selected during the First Friday reception. Winners will receive $50.00 each and will be announced on October 1st, 2021.
Online Application Process (Preferred): Complete the online form below. Be sure to submit all images and include title, size, medium, price and year completed. Submit your application BEFORE moving on to the payment page. All applications should include a 2-3 sentence artist statement describing the intent of each art work, with an optional artist biography.
Image of the artwork: Must be in PDF or JPG format 300 DPI. Image file names should be title of artwork.
Physical applications can be mailed to: PO BOX 251, Visalia, CA 93279.
Must be received by September 3rd, 2021. CD/DVD or USB flash drive images should be presented in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi resolution, 4″ x 6″ image size, approximately. Must include a check payable to Arts Visalia for total application fees.
All application materials (including disks and flash drives) will not be returned to artist. The artist is responsible for the cost of shipping work to and from the gallery.
The entries will be selected by a jury committee. Applications may be dropped off at the gallery, but will not be reviewed or discussed with the artist at that time. If we have any questions, we will contact the artist. Arts Visalia will notify artists if their work has been selected to participate in the exhibition. Please do not contact Arts Visalia or The Source to inquire about the status of your application.
- Artists will be required to drop off art September 24th or 25th, 2021 during gallery hours, Wed-Sat. from Noon-5:30.
- If mailing accepted work to the gallery, work must arrive by Sept 23rd. 2021.
- We suggest mailing no later than Sept. 9th, 2021.