PART-TIME JOB DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Director is the primary go-to person for the Executive Director of Arts Visalia. Duties assisting the Executive Director will pertain to the management and upkeep of the daily operations of the center. The main tasks of the Assistant Director will be to develop and manage the educational programing of the visual art center. This includes but is not limited to scheduling youth classes and adult workshops, recruiting teachers, working with teachers to develop successful lesson plans, managing art class supply inventories, and promoting upcoming classes/workshops through various media creation and distribution.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, and Access
- Knowledge in Graphic Design focusing on event promotion
- Ability to manage multiple long and short-term overlapping projects at once
- Experience and passion in the field of visual arts
- Public speaking
- Collaborative, team-oriented work ethic
- Ability to work well with people from diverse backgrounds and belief systems
- Willing to learn new skills and ability on the job
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to go up/down stairs
- Cleaning and organizational skills
- Adobe Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- WordPress/Web Design experience
- MailChimp experience
- Customer service experience
- Art installation experience
- Interest in community engagement including participation in public events
- Interest in promoting visual arts in the community
- Classroom behavior management for ages 5-17
- Ability to accommodate neurodiverse children and adults
Pay rate: $19 – $22 an hour depending on experience; part-time work. Must be available Wednesday-Saturday, Noon-5:30 pm. Additional hours may be requested.
Arts Visalia Visual Art Center is an equal opportunity employer.
Return completed application and Resume/CV by September 20th, 5 p.m.
Mail To: Arts Visalia Visual Art Center, P.O. Box 251, Visalia, CA 93279
Drop By: Arts Visalia Visual Art Center, 214 E. Oak Avenue, Visalia