Our goal is to provide a venue for the exhibit and sale of artistic and functional handmade works of art. We are looking for gift items such as jewelry, handwoven or hand-dyed fiber items, ceramics, distinctive stationery, hand-illustrated books, sculptures, hand-painted decorative or functional pieces, glass art objects, oils, watercolors, lithographs, photographs, and more. Our gift shop is open during gallery hours. Additional artists and artworks will be enlisted for our Annual Holiday Show and Sale which opens mid-November.
Artists interested in selling their work in Arts Visalia’s fine arts gallery gift shop should email:
- Images representative of their current body of work
- Estimate of the number of items they have available for sale
- Bio/artist statement (optional) to ArtsVisalia@sbcglobal.net.
- Although you may include a link to your website, your website do not count as a substitution for sending application materials.
When reviewing work, the Committee jurors will be using the following criteria:
- Technical Skill: craftsmanship, mastery of medium, attention to detail, and finish
- Originality/Creativity: distinctive style and/or creative process, uniqueness, and aesthetics
- Other Considerations: work that is new to Arts Visalia; connection to the local area; creating a wide array of gift items within our gallery shop.
Artists will be contacted if work has been accepted. Arts Visalia retains the final decision regarding acceptance of artwork. The Gallery Curator will determine the display of the artwork. Arts Visalia strives to balance quality, artistry, uniqueness, and price in our selection of handmade works of art by primarily local and regional artists.